Monday, July 25, 2011

Cisco Unveils new Wireless for Stadia etc

Just a quick one today (after my triumphant rant last week).

Cisco have just announced a new product for doing wireless networks in large areas, like stadia.

I obviously haven't covered the topic yet, however providing Wi-Fi access for an entire audience of thousands proves a lot harder than you'd expect. With the amount of access points (Wi-Fi Antennae, for want of a better word) required to support an entire audience you tend to get a lot of interference. 

I haven't tried, or even seen, Cisco's solution, but as mentioned in last week's post they are one of the world leaders in networking. If they say that it can work, then I have a fair degree of confidence that it will work.

Their press release is here:
http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/sports/connected_stadium.html

I'll be reading this over the next couple of days, and if I determine anything I will post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment